Homeless Day on the Hill – March 11Posted on February 22nd, 2020
Join us for Homeless Day on the Hill on March 11 and be a voice for expanding and preserving emergency shelter beds and affordable housing.
We need your support as Simpson and the Minnesota Coalition for the Homeless push our boldest agenda item yet: $50 Million investment to Expand and Preserve Emergency Shelter Beds
Here are three important ways you can participate:
1) Join us for Homeless Day on the Hill on March 11: Click here to register.
2) Join Simpson Housing Services on March 11 for program participants, volunteers, supporters, and staff who attend Homeless Day on the Hill. Complimentary lunch will be provided. RSVP for Simpson’s lunch.
3) Join Simpson’s Legislative Connection Group to receive up-to-date information via email about advocacy efforts and the current legislative session. Click here to join.
Please share these advocacy opportunities and registration links with your networks!
Expanding emergency shelter beds will provide immediate and temporary housing for our most vulnerable Minnesotans. Emergency shelter beds generate a short-term solution for individuals and families sleeping outside. Investing in resources to expand emergency shelters will make improvements to Minnesota’s rental and housing markets while sustaining a healthy and prosperous community.
What to expect
- After you register, MCH will schedule your lawmaker visits.
- Attend a training at 9:00 a.m. at Central Presbyterian Church that will prepare you and other community members from your district to have a conversation with your lawmaker. There is typically a hearing around one item on the MCH Legislative Agenda and a press conference.
- Participate in your scheduled lawmaker visits.
- Network, play games, and use social media in a reserved advocate room while waiting for their lawmaker meetings.
Schedule and Location of Homeless Day on the Hill
8:00 am | Registration Opens
9:00 am | Program and Training
Location: Central Presbyterian Church – 500 Cedar St, St Paul, MN 55101
10:00 am – 3:00 pm | Advocacy
Location: State Capitol – 75 Rev Dr Martin Luther King Jr Boulevard., St Paul, MN 55155
Registration is free but recommended