Given the uncertainty and rapid changes resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic, we have made the difficult decision to cancel the much-anticipated event on May 13th.
Art 4 Shelter is a vital part of the Simpson community, building awareness of our mission to house, support, and advocate for people experiencing homelessness.
While we mourn the loss of our traditional Art 4 Shelter event in May, we invite you to Reimagine Art 4 Shelter 2020 for the upcoming spring and summer months.
Options we are exploring:
- Participate in art festivals or pop-up sales this summer.
- Have artists sell artwork to friends and community members.
- Create a toolkit and donation link for artists to use when they sell art on their own.
- Take Art 4 Shelter virtually with an on-line store.
How you can help:
- Continue to create your beautiful artwork!
- Yes, we are still accepting artwork.
- Please mail artwork to the Simpson office, we are going in the office weekly to check mail.
New address to submit artwork:
MAIL TO: Simpson Housing Services | Attn. Art 4 Shelter
2100 Pillsbury Avenue S | Minneapolis, MN 55404
Proceeds from Art 4 Shelter are needed for Simpson’s shelter and housing programs now – more than ever. In response to COVID-19, Simpson has implemented plans and safety measures to sustain our mission and ensure the safety of the people we serve and our staff members that work alongside them.
On behalf of the Art 4 Shelter planning committee & Simpson staff and board, thank you for your creativity and positivity, in joining us to Reimagine Art 4 Shelter 2020 and support Simpson’s mission through the wonderful gift of art.
If you have any questions on how to support Art 4 Shelter Reimagine, please contact Elisabeth at email@example.com.